Ruby red...


I love this 1950's rich ruby red number. You can just picture the previous owner dressed in her beautiful 'new look' dress, with the nipped in waist and full skirt. Her small gloved hands holding a neat purse. Her red lips posed to take a sip from a delicate glass of champagne.

If only the women of today would show such reverence for there appearance. What happened to the time when a simple thing like not wearing thongs to the office was accepted practice (I'm referring to flip flops, for those who aren't Aust). Call me old fashioned, but aren't you supposed to wear a comfortable yet formal shoe to the office, not what you slob around in on your weekends. At present the casual day that used to be once a week has merged with the other four resulting in mishmash of work attire. Office workers don't know whether they're going to the gym or to the pub for a beer?

When did the straight skirt and shirt disappear? I know it's still out there somewhere. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that ladies need to look frumpy. That is the last thing I want. Nor do I want us to conform to the male ideal of the sexy secretary. All I would like to see is a bit more pride taken in our daily work appearance. You never know, the lift in looking the part might just improve your standard of work too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...