New Years Resolutions...

My very sad vintage wardrobe...
It was the collapse of my wardrobe rail that signaled I could no longer ignor my fashion weakness. It had gone past something that could be hidden behind closed doors. So I decided to start the year a fresh and this means the dreaded wardrobe clear out. In my case it has been a rather drawn out affair. I started towards the end of last year and I am determined to get the job finished.

As a former fashion retail sales assistant I freely admit I can be a bit annal when it comes organising my wardrobe. So I can usually find what I am looking for, however when it is full of clutter things get hidden and forgotten.

It is amazing what treasures you can unearth when you start digging. That dress you wore on your 21st that holds happy memories, but has probably seen better days. The Ra Ra skirt that should be abandoned in a charity bin for someone else to treasure. (Alanna Hill made many of these in the early 2000's and I own two. The last time I wore one was to a 1920's costume party. The other I think I only wore once or twice, a bit of buyers remorse comes attached.) The over sized cardigans, although they can look fantastic on a tall slim model, do nothing for my hour glass figure. Not to mention chunky knit dress, my Zimmerman one was never really a good look for me.

So I will say goodbye to my wardrobe of yesteryear and hello to space and an uncreased blouse.

Now to tackel my drawers, no article of clothing is safe from my clutches...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...