Looking back at the noughties...part 6

'Dora' Autumn/Winter 2006 'Love Lucy', Modeled by Hannah Fell

'My first hat'

2005 my final year at Tafe and the class has halved again we are now just 17 girls and 2 guys. Lucky for me most of my friends survived the cut! It was an amazing and stressful year. It saw my designs featured in the paper and I finally got to create my first collection for the catwalk.

I still love elements of my first collection and was excited when I saw a very similar dress to my navy satin dress 'Dora' in Scanland & Theodore the following season. I very much doubt they even saw my dress, but for me it meant I was on trend and that my fashion forecasting had paid off.

It was also the year I discovered millinery and made my first hat (As pictured above).

Chef Emmanuel Mollois
(I just adore his glasses.)
Macarons from Choux
Source: Choux Cafe website 
Gwyneth in 'Sky Captain...'
 

 


 




March 2005 and Misha Barton is the girl of the moment, Scarlet Johansson has come into her own and Sienna Miller is the talk of the town with her easy laid back chic.

Macarons are coveted by the fashion elite for their soft pastel sweetness. I recommend Choux Cafe in Swanbourne for French Pastry Chef Emmanuel Mollois' delectable delights. His Lychee Macaroon has to be the ultimate taste sensation.

The film 'Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow' has just been released with the fabulous 30's inspired costumes by Stella McCartney. It is a homage to the film noir and is stylistically beautiful, but where it falls short is the lack of well scripted dialogue. The film relies too heavily on the background graphics, famous cast (Jude Law, Gwyneth Paltrow & Angelina Jolie) and costumes. Having said that it is worth a watch for the style alone. It is only a pity that it wasn't taken that one step further, it could have been a truly great piece of cinema.

The trends of  the season are floral, gold, easy chic, tribal, glitz and glam. The swinging sixies get a nod thanks to Sienna Miller in 'Factory Girl' a bio-pic on Andy Warhol muse Edie Sedgwick.

Memorable moments from 2005...

Who could forget when Dries Van Noten sent his models down a chandelier-lit dinner table, set for 500 guests or Victor & Rolfs Flower Bomb inspired show complete with ribbons and organza bags encasing the models heads.

Source Images (Unless otherwise stated): Vogue Australia Mar 2005, Vogue Australia Sept 2005 & Harpers Bazaar Australia Sept 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...