Just a little bit fishy...



Well this is my latest creation which I think resembles fish scales. I have used black felt, silver and black embroidery thread and some vintage diamontie buttons. It sits at the front of the head and looks best with your hair up and back combed. I was inspired by Jean Lavin hats of the 1920's and the feathered hats of the 1950's.

I have many more hats that I haven't had the opportunity to photograph yet, so don't worry there are more on the way! I'm going over to Sydney and Melbourne in August and I hope to do a bit of hat shopping, as well as sourcing suppliers.

It is so hard when your trapped in the most isolated city in the world!(Perth for those who don't know and no I am not exaggerating when I say this.) But as they say isolation breeds creativity, so maybe I have that in my favour? However it does limit what good quality products I can buy immediately.

Maybe one day Perth will move into the 21st Century, but I won't hold my breath. As much as Perth is limiting it is also quite relaxing and carefree. A wonderful place to grow up in and if or when I do leave I intend on coming back! (My aunty has been saying that for 40years, but doesn't look like she will be moving back anytime soon. Maybe she's just keeping her options open!) Love Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...