Turn the page...

'Dreaming of Dior' is for people who love the story behind a vintage find. When I began my hat affair from the first vintage hat I bought I asked about the history. Most of the time they haven't much to tell, so it is refreshing that Doris Darnell has gone to so much effort to not only catalogue the dresses by designer and era, but also by who wore it and when.

I bought this at Christmas and I love flicking through it to read the story connected with each dress. The only disappointment I had with the book, was I didn't get to see a photograph of the dresses only an illustration. However the illustrations are playful and beautiful, so you wont be disappointed!

They only did one print run so it isn't readily available, there are a few on amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...