Say cheese...


In a time long gone, passers by the Post Office in Forrest Chase (Perth) would have their photograph taken. If they liked it they could purchase it. This is one such photo, pictured is my Grandmother and my aunt. My Grandmother trimmed the hat herself.

I never knew her as she died when my mother was just 19, but by all accounts she dressed well even on a meagre sum. I also have a picture of my Great Grandmother from the Post Office photograph days. I think it is such a shame that something like this doesn't exist anymore. Even if it was used as a record of the fashions throughout each decade. Plus it would certainly make for an interesting book...

2 comments:

  1. My Aunt told me this about her mothers hat, "I remember that hat, it had red cherries, they were a fascination to me, I wanted to bite them." x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha I told my Uncle about this photo and he told me he actually did bite the red cherries on this hat!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...